University of Arkansas changed virtual Windows Desktop to VMware this semester. So I have to install new app in my Ubuntu. A little tricky but fine to work.
- Download the install package at https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VIEWCLIENTS_LINUX_34&productId=421&rPId=8308. The latest version is 3.4.0.
- chomd +x VMware-Horizon-Client-3.4.0-2769709.x86.bundle
- sudo su
- ./VMware-Horizon-Client-3.4.0-2769709.x86.bundle. Ignore the prmptop “Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: “murrine””
- Then I got error here. 32bit libXss.so.1 and libxml2.so.2 are required
- dpkg -S libXss.so.1 and dpkg -S libxml2.so.2 find I have only amd64 packaged installed
- sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386
- sudo apt-get install libxss1:i386
- sudo apt-get install libxml2:i386
- OK. vmware-view should work now. Add new server to log in the virtual Windows.
- Document at https://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-client-linux-document.pdf introduces more information to use this powerful virtual tool including using local USB drive and printer. Very cool!
- If you dislike the error prompt about “Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: “murrine””. Run sudo apt-get install –reinstall gtk2-engines-murrine:i386 can solve that problem.
Got help from