American desserts are always too sweet, made from pure sugar : )
The following cheesecake recipe is really amazing. Not too sweet, but taste great!
Cite from http://plumberrypie.blogspot.com/2013/01/old-family-cheesecake-recipe.html.
Aunt Helen’s Cheesecake
What You Need:
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 16 oz. container of sour cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whip 1 cup sour cream + 8 oz cream cheese.
- In separate bowl, beat 2 eggs lightly and add ½ cup granulated sugar + ½ t vanilla. Stir mixture.
- Add cream cheese/sour cream mixture to eggs and sugar.
- Stir & blend.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 25 min. @ 375.
- Beat 1 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, ½ t vanilla.
- Spread on cool cake.
- Refrigerate 24 hrs.